Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

On a Book Bender

Amanda at On a Book Bender has put together a fabulous Read-a-Thon. I have provided her rules and links below. Go check it out!

Feeling overwhelmed because you have too many books and not enough time to read them? The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is just what the book doctor ordered.

From August 22nd to August 28th, I will be hosting my first ever read-a-thon: Bout of Books.

Want details? I’ve got those for you!

  • Read as much as you can whenever you can between 12:00am 8/22 and 11:59pm 8/28 (your time zone).There is no pressure! Participate even if you can only spare a day or two, a few hours, or even just a few minutes. Use it an excuse to read. Whatever works for you. If you plan to read at all between 8/22 and 8/28, sign up!
  • I believe read-a-thons are a great way to network with fellow bloggers. Bout of Books is as much about networking as it is about reading. Get to know your fellow Bout of Books participants.
  • There will be challenges and giveaways. If you want to host one, let me know! (fill out the 2nd form below)
  • On Saturday, I’ll post again with an example starting line post. You can copy my example or not. At the very least, I would like to know your goals and what books you want to read! I’ll figure out how to get around WordPress restrictions on having a Mr. Linky for posting links. There may be more google forms.
  • Keep us up to date on your progress! Post on your blog, Goodreads, or Twitter. If you’re on Twitter, please use the hashtag #boutofbooks. (Following me @BookBender will also help me keep track of you ;)
  • Questions? Email me at onabookbender[at]gmail[dot]com
  • Want to sign up? Fill out the 1st form below. 2nd form is only for people who want to host a challenge or giveaway.
  • And please, tell others. My blogging reach is still pretty small, so spread the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...