Thursday, May 1, 2014

Birthdays & Music

It's my birthday, and I can talk about what I want to... so we're talking music!

When this post goes live, it will officially be my birthday. I've spent some time over the past few days thinking about the music that best describes my life at this moment.

When I was younger, I remember the music I liked changing daily, depending on whether my heart was pitter-pattering in love or shattered. Outside of driving past an ex-boyfriend's house, blaring "There's Gonna Be a Heartache Tonight," my tastes in music tended to be pretty shallow. As I have grown older, I've found more meaning, more motivation, more inspiration in what I listen to. I've found a handful of songs that have stuck with me over the years, that mean something special to me, or describe certain parts of my life. Songs that aren't just guilty pleasures... of course, I have plenty of those too.

In honor of my birthday, I'm going to tell you a bit about myself. In music!


This is one song that continues to remind me to keep going, no matter what.
"Sometimes goodbye IS a Second Chance"
I think this one is pretty self  explanatory. 
We all have our demons, right?
Anyone who knows me, knows exactly why this song is on this list and we will leave it at that.

And if this isn't the exact truth about love, I don't know what is. Seriously.

Last, but not least, my usual state of mental health.

Now, this is to in no way reflect my overall musical taste. Typically, I'm a pretty eclectic listener. Some of my guilty listening or just all around get my jam on songs include:

"Some Nights" & "We Are Young" by FUN.
Almost anything Bruno Mars or 30 Seconds to Mars
Forever the Sickest Kids
LINKIN PARK
All Time Low
"Unpredictable" by Jamie Foxx
Post Kim-hating Eminem - Love him, Hate him, I don't really care.
Green Day 
Grace Potter
Barnaby Saints
And OH - The Black Keys

And finally is my deep fondness for classic rock. It can always take me back to a time when things were better, and make me smile or remember some stupid stunt I did.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...