Thursday, May 2, 2013

{A Kelly M Review}: Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Title: Indigo Spell
Series: Bloodlines #3
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Razorbill

Synopsis:


In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next. Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.






Ok firstly I must apologise for my absence. I have been so busy with university life that I haven’t had time to do anything and also to be quite frank, I’ve gotten incredibly lazy, but! Fear not, I have returned, even though probably nobody missed me. So now I am going to start catching up with the 1000s of reviews I have to do. Ok maybe not that much, but it is quite a pile!

When I got this book from Penguin Books South Africa, I literally screamed my face off. I have the biggest Adrian obsession of all time. I mean he is in my top 3 book boyfriends, along with Jace and Will. After the way Golden Lily ended I was horrified and angry and manic. I literally did this


Well I didn’t throw it out of the window because would’ve had taken excessive force since I have a paperback, but I did thrown it across the room. Then I realized what I did and ran to pick it up too look over the damage, yeah didn’t think that one through did I? I blame Richelle Mead!

Anyway Indigo Spell is probably the first book that made me smile continuously. I didn’t stop smiling once! Even when a few bad things happened. I was so overtly happy all the way through that my face started twitching from smiling that much. I’m trying not to give away too many spoilers but the book has been out for a while sooo, but you can probably guess what happens since I’m so happy.

The humour was just plain awesome. I couldn’t stop laughing at most of the things Adrian said, even Sydney made me laugh! Adrian has really grown into the man I knew he could be, his maturity that is shown throughout the novel amazed me. He never gives up for what he believes in and honestly I could keep gushing about him forever but I’ll save you from my corny geekness.

Syndey, thank God, is finally working on her eating disorder. This was something about her that bothered me immensely but I’m glad that she shows the strength of her character by working on it. Slowly but surely I have no doubt that she will be fine. Also she comes to terms with the fact that the Moroi and Dhampirs are probably not what she was led to believe (DUH) and that there might be other forces at work for the reasons she feels her revoltions(did I spell that correctly? I don’t know). The fact that she carried on with her magic training (reluctantly but progress right?) really made me happy. I was quite shocked with myself for not finding Sydney annoying at all. Normally her attitude and her thing about vampires and magic being unnatural would’ve seriously pissed me off but Richelle Mead wrote the character of Sydney perfectly, you just can’t help but understand her.

There were a few twists and turns in the story that really took me by surprise and I am loving the direction Richelle is taking this story in. this was by far her best book she has ever written like hands down. I could not put it down, I finished somewhere in the early morning hours and then I was so happy I couldn’t sleep, even though the ending was an “OH CRAP!” ending.

Please don’t hesitate in reading this soul-stealing, sleep-depriving, world-forgetting book. If you haven’t read the series yet GO BUY THEM ALL NOW!!! I mean it’s only 3 books. BUT you have to read the Vampire Academy series before you read this so in that case it will be 9 books that you have to buy, I mean that’s nothing right? 



1 comment:

  1. Love your review, Kelly. I agree, TIS is my favorite of Richelle's so far, too. I just love Adrian and Sydney!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...