Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forever (Book 3 in The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy) by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Forever (Book 3 in The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
First Edition: July 2011
Copyright 2011 by Maggie Stiefvater
Maggie Stiefvater's Home on the Web
Maggie's Blog
Maggie's Facebook

Synopsis:

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.



I remember picking up Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater a couple years ago and thinking, this is the best book I have read in an eternity. The story was different from anything I had read and I absolutely could not put it down. I fell in love with Grace and Sam immediately. Each of them were attempting to maneuver their way through different adversities. They each sought the other for support, helping cement their relationship. I adored watching their love mature and blossom. Their emotions poured from the pages, addicting me to their romance.


Then came Linger, where I fell head over heals in love with Cole St. Clair. He was egotistical, a complete ass, sizzling hot, sarcastic, and completely broken. When you pair him with Isabel Culpeper, who was the she-devil of Mercy Falls High, you get an explosive combination of emotions.


Forever, the last book in the trilogy (tears), is exceptional. It was everything I had hoped for and so much more. I am deeply saddened that I had to say goodbye to Sam, Grace, Isabel, Cole, and Olivia. Thankfully, they will live on my bookshelf so I can get a fix anytime I feel the need. I was mesmerized from the beginning of the series and completely awe-struck by the ending.


This final chapter of the story was beautifully written. I cried through the happy times, I cried through the sad times, and even gave in to nail biting during the intense times. I was satisfied with the ending; however, there are still many questions that I would like to have answered. I suppose I will have to be satisfied with my own creative answers.


Honestly, I do not remember a time that I have been truly upset to complete a series of books and feel like I have lost friends. Much thanks to Maggie for writing this excellent trilogy for us to fall in love with.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...