Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


Author: Andrea Cremer
Title: Nightshade
Publisher: The Penguin Group
Release Date: October 19, 2010
Nightshade Book Website
Andrea Cremer's Official Website
Nightshade Facebook

Synopsis:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?




I love Andrea Cremer! I put off reading this book because I did not want to read another book about werewolves. I cannot tell you how deeply saddened I am that I waited SOOOO long to read this phenomenal book. Now I want to keep rereading it until July 26, 2011 when Wolfsbane hits the market! This is a series like no other!

It is amazing to read a book with such creativity and depth. Nightshade pulled me directly into the story, angering me at times and making me laugh at other times. With underlying themes of politics, arranged marriages, alternate lifestyles, and freedom of choice; there is something for every type of reader in this exhilarating bestseller.

I fell in love with Calla from the beginning. She is a young lady who is a leader and a loyal friend and family member. She struggles while making tough decisions for her pack and for herself. She will have to be the keeper of secrets that could destroy everything she has ever known.

Renier is the chosen mate of Calla. He is sexy and charismatic with hunting in his blood. He has a reputation as a ladies man but is determined to take his place alongside Calla as a loyal mate. Ren comes from a family whose reputation may be difficult to get away from.

Shay is the new boy in town. Unlike others at school, he is completely unaware of the hierarchy already woven into the Mountain School's student population. He may be able to change some of the rules but not without consequences.

My Nightshade Series Reviews -
Nightshade
Wolfsbane
Bloodrose

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...