Friday, November 23, 2012

{A Kelly M Review} Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Title: Alice in Zombieland
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #1
Author: Gena Showalter
Genre: YA Paranormal
Publisher:


Synopsis:

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.





Alice in Zombieland!!!! My first ever zombie book and it didn’t disappoint. I am hesitant to read any zombie books, firstly because they scare me motherless and secondly I just do not see the point. But alas I really did love this particular zombie book. I know what you’re thinking,  this is just another Alice in Wonderland rip off with Zombies shoved in just for the mickey of it. Well, at least, that’s what I thought, if you don’t then good on you! Anyway back to my point, that is NOT what this book is about! Even the zombies are like completely different! I was like huh?!?! Dafuq is this weird ass invisible zombie stuff??? It actually worked out for the better and it gave a whole different twist on the zombie myth that we all know and love.

It starts off where Alice loses her entire family to a zombie attack even though she refuses to believe it. She moves in with her grandparents and has to move to a new school as well. There she finds her new friend whom she met at the hospital, Kat and the very hot, very tattooed awesome sexiness that is Cole. This guy is a man after my own heart. When you read about Cole, think about me and you will know that he is my ideal guy, I kind of literally drooled most of the time I read this. The dude is perfection. I thank thee Mariam for freaking out so badly with this book and talking about it nonstop.

I love Alice because she is just so tough and doesn’t hesitate to do what she has to even if that means that she will be in danger, lose the people she loves and get bad grades. She only cares about keeping everyone else safe and I find that so admirable. She is also quite badass and made me laugh a few times.

Kat is my absolute favourite character in this book! The girl made me laugh since the first time she appeared. She is hilarious through most of the book. Very few characters accomplish the art of making me literally laugh out loud. She is so loyal and just plain awesome; I wish she was my best friend.

Cole and Frosty, my two favourite male characters. Both are very hot like I mentioned before and so fierce and can be scary when they want to be, I loved that about them so much. I’m a freak what can I say. Guys who look like can beat the shit out of people but are also very caring when it comes to girls are my weak spot. Some people think I need help, others help me embrace it, like my Starbooks girls!

This is a very actiony book with a lot of fighting and stuff in it which is just so awesome! It never drags, it keeps you interested straight through. I read this book until I finished it at 4:30am and I never regretted the loss of sleep. I couldn’t put it down. It consumed my very being until I was sucked into the story completely like Alice was into Wonderland (that was my corny line of the day)

Please Please PLEEEEEEEEEASE read this book!!!!!!! It is the epitome of awesome sauce topped with sprinkles of amaze balls!


4 comments:

  1. Wait, your fist zombie book?!?

    I MUST corrupt you with more enthusiasm, Kelly. Zombie books rock! (Warm bodies should really be next in your zombie list... they are "classic" --sort of-- but I promise they won't scare you)

    Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the review and...you're welcome : )
    Also - Cole = sex on a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have to agree with Ron..you MUST MUST MUST read Warm Bodies. Zombie R is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! Glad you loved this one. Mariam gave it to me for my birthday so I need to get to it soon! It looks great and I have had Warm Bodies on my TBR FOORRRREEEEVVVVEERRR! MUST read soon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...