Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{Teaser Tuesday} Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

                                                     

Title: Cruel Beauty
Series: Cruel Beauty Universe
Author: Rosamund Hodge

The blurb for this book is extra long, so I'm just going to refer you to the Goodreads page.

Teaser:

This time the cold that burned through my middle was fear, not anger.

Tomorrow I will marry a monster.

I thought of little else, all the rest of the night.


I'm going to be honest, I bought this book solely based on the cover, I did read the description too. It's outside of my usual reading, but I thought I'd give it a try. It's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm about 50 pages in or so.

5 comments:

  1. Nice teaser, Kristin! I love this cover, too. It's gorgeous. I hope you enjoy the book. I love a good retelling.

    Here's my teaser:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-30-skin-and-bones.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing a lot about this one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing cover, and the story sounds intriguing too. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.
    My Teaser is from CAPE MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice tease! I've heard quite a few good things on this one! I love fairy tale retellings and B&B is a fave of mine as well! Love the cover too! Still have to read it though! Happy Reading! Look forward to your review!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this book. It was different and unique! Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...