Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet Possession (Sweet 5) by Maya Banks


    Series: Sweet
    Title: Sweet Possession
    Author: Maya Banks
    Publisher: The Penguin Group
    Copyright 2011 by Maya Banks
    Maya Banks Website
    Maya Banks on Twitter
      Synopsis: There is nothing Connor Malone wants to do less than babysit the outrageous and out-of-control pop star Lyric Jones. But part of him relishes taming the celebratty songstress and showing her what it's like to be possessed-body and soul-by one man. And though Lyric's crazy antics nearly drive Connor to the edge, his quiet intensity penetrates her defenses, leaving them both vulnerable to the secrets that could topple Lyric from the stage.



      So, I am doing this a little bit backwards...but I am a little bit weird, so it all works out. I loved, and I mean loved, loved, this book. Honestly, it was the first of the Sweet Series that I had read and after finishing it...I went straight and bought the other four. And I loved all of them. However, I think Sweet Possession will always be my favorite. The sheer since of family and belonging is overwhelming in this group of somewhat dysfunctional characters. And I love them all!
      • Connor Malone - is the last of his close friends to remain single. He is intense, snarky, gorgeous, and quite capable in many areas of expertise. His straight-laced nature paired with Lyric's party girl status provides for some hilarious dialogue and scenes.
      • Lyric Jones - is a pop-star gone wild and now she is in trouble. She's unpredictable and tends to drive the rumors stirred up by the press. She has no self-preservation skills and no self-esteem; even though she comes across as confident.
      • Kane - is an integral part of the security team that is hired to protect Lyric while she is in Houston. At first, I thought he was a complete ass, but now I adore him.
      • RJ and Trent - are the only remaining members of Lyric's old security team. They have been up-close and personal with her and now their need is being questioned.
      • Phillip - is Lyric's spokesperson from her record level. He has been keeping secrets that may endanger Lyric's life.
      • Paul - is a jerk of a manager who holds a grudge. He holds information that could ruin Lyric's image and holds no compunctions about using it.
      • Faith, Gray, Serena, Damon, Sam, Julie, Nathan, Micah, Angelina and Pop will all be detailed in each of their books. Just know that I truly want these people as my best friends. LOL!
      Okay, so I was in love with this book from page one. I have read several reviews of people who didn't care so much for this book...partially because they felt Connor was flat and maybe he was...generally speaking. However, when he is placed among his friends, he becomes the one who is different from them. He's not big on the kink factor but wants to show a woman how it feels to be truly loved. How can you not love a man like that? Plus, his reactions are just so damn funny.


      Maya has created a great group of characters who love each other and, while they may tease and torment, they are always there for each other. Let it be said...there are no secrets within this group of friends. They make life...interesting, to say the least.


      Honestly...I can't think of a single thing I didn't like about this book. I read way to late and had to suppress my laughter so that I didn't wake anyone up. Everyone has a different need from a book and when I read Sweet Passion, I suppose I needed the humor.

      Here are a couple of my favorite parts...
      "I don't like you," she finally said.
      To his utter horror, he went hard.
      He smiled then. A lazy, "I don't give a fuck" grin. It was either that or groan at his growing discomfort and he'd eat nails before allowing her to know how affected he was by her. "The feeling, Ms. Jones, is entirely mutual." pg 19
      "What the ever-loving hell?" Kane said from across the room.
      "Hang on a second, Gray."
      Connor put the phone down to his leg and frowned over at Kane, who was looking out the window. "Something wrong?"
      Kane turned around, his lips twitching. "Depends on whether you consider a pool full of naked girls a bad thing." pg 165
      *Warning - Mature and sexual content and vulgar language. Recommended for adults age 18 and older.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...