Sunday, October 14, 2012

{A Kelly M Review}: The Rise Of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Title: The Rise Of Nine
Series: The Lorien Legacies
Author: Pittacus Lore
Genre: YA Paranormal
Publisher: HarperCollins

Synopsis:

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.

But so are they.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.




So I was walking casually past the book store, adamant that I wasn’t going to go in, because I was so behind on books that I had to read! I turned my head, ever so slightly just to have a lil peak at the new releases and then I saw The Rise Of Nine. All my good sense left me. I ran into the store and bought it without even blinking. Thank God is all I have to say. This was by far THE BEST one of the Lorien Legacies so far. I absolutely adored this book from start to finish. I was so excited because we finally got to read more about Nine. He and Six are my two absolute favourite and let me say, I’m rooting for them to get together. Awesome + Awesomeness = Awesomesauce!!
Nine is the most awesome Garde next to Six. His legacies are amazing and he is just so arrogant and cocky that I had to love him and besides, so far with the guys I only had to compare him to Four, whom I am not a fan of. He is a whiny little baby through most of the book and just couldn’t stop talking about Sarah  and blah blah, yadda yadda, shut your face. So Nine made the book for me.
So it starts where we left off. Four is recuperating from the force field that he tried to run through to save Sam from inside the Mog cave. He and Nine are on the run to get as far away from the Mogs as possible and Six, Seven and Ten are on their way to find Eight in India. If he is even there. There was so much action in this book and that is something I love immensely.  I don’t like when a book drags on in the middle. This wasn’t the case. There were so many fights. People got captured and people escaped. Some died and some came back from the dead, just barely though.
You also meet the super villain in this book, which is awesome. Even though it’s only for a small fight scene at the end. I’m glad we got a glimpse of him. It changed things a lil bit. Luckily Four improved and I ended up really liking him! There is a huge huge huge HUGE twist in the story! I was like excuse me? Dafuq did I just read?? It was a complete shocker for me, and even though you think you know, you don’t really know, you know? And yes that was very confusing but you get the idea
The Lorien Legacies comes highly recommended. If you want a fast-paced, action-filled, jaw dropping, kid forgetting book, read this series just so you can read The Rise Of Nine!



~Only the very weak minded refuse to
be influenced by literature and poetry- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I am in love with these chracters. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...