Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{Teaser Tuesday}: The Rise Of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Title: The Rise Of Nine
Series: The Lorien Legacies #3
Author: Pittacus Lore

Synopsis:

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.

But so are they.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.


This is my favorite of the series so far!! I love it so much. I'm so glad my cousin forced me to read this series.

Teaser #1: Nine steps over and stands next to me, then looks me up and down. 'I don't believe anyone introduced us, proper like. It's nice to officially meet you, sweetheart. I'm Nine,' he says, winking at me. I roll my eyes and John snickers

Teaser #2: 'You have no idea what we're capable of,' Nine says in a sickeningly sweet voice as they lead us through the front yard. 'If I wanted to, I could kill you all in a matter of seconds. You're damn lucky I'm being such a good boy. For now.'



Be sure to leave us a comment, telling us where to find your Teaser Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Oj thank you Kelly. I was just fixing to put one up and still may, but I won't be in any hurry. I haven't read this series yet. I did watch the movie just the other day though. Well, I Am Number Four...obviously. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin I just psoted a review so I thought I'd do this quick as well hehe. Read the books. The movie is bad haha

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read these! Both of your teasers make me want to even more!

    Here's my TT at The Coffee Pot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then what's stopping you?? Hehe go forth and read!

      Delete
  3. OOoh nice teases! Hear a lot about these books but I have yet to read them!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get reading this series. Glad you loved them Kelly! Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...