Saturday, January 28, 2012

TBR Intervention - Remembrance by Michelle Madow

TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by
Dani@RefractedLight , Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray,
and April@Books4Juliet
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.



 


So last week I decided to attempt to read Remembrance by Michelle Madow and I DID IT! I enjoyed the book thoroughly and am so glad I gave it another try. I haven't posted a review but I will soon, probably tomorrow. It always helps to read more than 3 pages of a book. I think part of it was my mood when I tried to read it the first time around Christmas...I tend to be really depressed during the holidays and nothing makes me happy. LOL!

Anywhoo...Great Read!





So this week, I'm planning on reading...


Wither by Lauren Destafano. This book has been on my TBR since August 2011...about time for it to be dusted off and read!


Synopsis:

Obviously, something went terribly wrong. Genetic mutations have festered, reducing human longevity to twenty-five, even less for most women. To prevent extinction, young girls are kidnapped, mated in polygamous marriages with men eager to procreate. Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery, a recent victim of this breeding farm mentality, has vowed to break loose from its fetters; but finding allies and a safe way out is a challenge she can only hope she will survive. A dystopian fantasy series starter with wings. Editor's recommendation.


And of course...don't forget to check out the YA Giveaway Hop! International if Book Depository Ships to you!

5 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!!! I'm so happy that you finally read it and enjoyed it and liked it! =) I want to see your review =)

    I haven't read Wither. It has mixed reviews so I'm gonna see what you think about the book once you finished it. I hope it's good as the cover... I admit, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it! I knew you'd, it's a great read :) Will be looking forward to your review... and I hope you'll like Wither too!

    I admit, the concept doesn't really appeal to me but I've heard some great things about it!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Wither, it's so different and grest book. If you like dystopia is a certain match.
    I've read last month and really don't know why I waited this long.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you gave Rememberance another chance and then liked it! I think I need to add this book to my pile--wait that isn't the point of this intervention, is it?

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/01/tbr-intervention-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm so glad you gave Remembrance another chance and enjoyed it! When the review is up on your blog, please email me (michelle at madow.com) to let me know <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...