Monday, January 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Title: Hallowed
Series: Unearthly #2
Author: Cynthia Hand
Goodreads

Synopsis:

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. 


Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

My Teaser:

His fire and mine combine, and it's greater than any forest fire, hotter than the hottest part of the flame. Any walls I've tried to build between us crumble down. His heart pounds beneath my palm...

What's your teaser?  

9 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I like that line "Any walls I've tried to build between us crumble down"; there's something poetic about it =)

    Here's my TT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dramatic teaser. I like the comparison of their heat to the forest fire.
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smoking quote! This book is definitely going on my tbr list because of it! Lol oh who am i kidding? It was already on it!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..talk about intense! Very interesting! Great teaser!

    Here's my TT: http://abookaliciousstory.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh very nice! Read this one already, but sadly I can't recall who she's talking about! So I am definitely teased again!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh very nice! Read this one already, but sadly I can't recall who she's talking about! So I am definitely teased again!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dare I say... that was hot! This one's already on my TBR list and now I'm looking forward to it even more!

    Here's mine: http://lialexis.com/2012/01/17/teaser-tuesday-glow-by/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say steamy but that teaser burns it is that hot :)

    Mu TT:
    http://notexactlyblogging.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin, I'm becoming more and more excited to read the book! I hope I could get a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...