Monday, January 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Title: If I Die
Series: Soul Screamers #5
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
September 27, 2011
Soul Screamers on Facebook

Website ǀ Twitter ǀ Goodreads ǀ Amazon ǀ Barnes & Noble 

Synopsis:

Don't Close Your Eyes.

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?

Teaser: "Okay, so what is a necromancer?" That word triggered something in my memory. Something too disgusting to be academic, despite the educational sound of the word I couldn't remember. "You, like, like the dead? Physically?"

Luca frowned in confusion. Then his eyes widened, and he laughed again, louder this time. "No. That's a necrophiliac. Same root word--completely different concept."


HeHeHe...I so wanted to leave the teaser off at the first paragraph but I just couldn't! I just read and reviewed If I Die and while messing around on Rachel Vincent's blog, I found out a neat piece of information. All Rachel's royalties for the first 6 month of sales of Never to Sleep go to St. Jude's.

Because I like to do my part for charity and St. Jude's is one of my favorite charities because they never turn a child away, here are the links to buy this awesome little novella. Go to Barnes and Noble ($1.29) or Amazon ($1.79) and download Never to Sleep a Soul Screamers Novella. Rachel is donating her royalties from this novella to St. Jude's. You can read more about it HERE.

15 comments:

  1. haha! I'm reading this right now too and loving it! Sophie is hilarious and I loved her take on the special event she witnessed in the hall way!
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about the Soul Screamer series, but I've never seen this novella featured before. I love the cover.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! I have this one as well and as soon as I get my Kindle hooked up to my wireless again I'll be reading it! Unfortunately my kindle and wireless are not cooperating!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE Rachel Vincent's books. Great Teaser! Really funny, too. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tease and that she's donating to charity! Wonderful.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesdays ~ House Millar series

    Áine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about the proceeds going for charity. I already bought this one for my Kindle but haven't had a chance to read it yet. My teasers are from Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey and Future Perfect by Suzanne Brockmann. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am onto the second book in the series, great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sana, I really hope you love this series as much as I do. They are so fun. If I Die - Book 5 has been my favorite so far. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just happened across it when I was looking at Rachel's blog so I thought I would try to get the word out! It is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I never mind buying something if I know it's for charity...of course I would have bought this book anyway. LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her books are the best. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica, I had some WiFi problems of my own this week. I understand your pain. It is a really fun book. I love getting to see things from Sophie's POV.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer, Sophie is great and the scene in the hall...hilarious when you look at it from her POV. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't read If I Die yet - but it's on the list. This looks good too. Thanks for the teaser!

    Thanks for visiting StuckInBooks.com today

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...