Thursday, January 31, 2013

{A Kelly M Review} Beautiful Redemption by Garcia & Stohl

Title: Beautiful Redemption
Series: Beautiful Creatures #4
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Genre: YA Paranormal
Publisher: Puffin Books

Synopsis:


Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin. But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives. Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?'





A whole year I had to wait for this book, a whole year. Do you know what that does to a person with the cliffhanger that was left at the end of Beautiful Chaos? I was completely freaking out and I could not wait for this book to come out. The Beautiful Creatures is such a unique series. It is a completely different take on the world of magic and I was pleasantly surprised by the world Kami and Margaret created. It is a gothic feel to the warm South in USA. It’s what I loved most.

Beautiful Redemption starts off almost right where Chaos left. And I know a lot of people were wondering how this would be written. It is from the POV of both Ethan and Lena. It helps us to see what is happening in the places that Ethan cannot be. I don’t want to give too much away since there are people who have not read the series yet, so I’m trying to be as vague as possible and that is extremely difficult concerning this book.

You see a lot of growth in Ethan, Link and Lena’s characters. It was refreshing to see them mature so much throughout the last book, but that was inevitable because of the huge traumatic event that happened at the end of Chaos. Ethan finally came to understand what being a Wayward and Lena understood the burden she would have to carry for the rest of her life. Link grew up a lot. He isn’t that love-sick puppy of a guy anymore around Ridley. Which I loved. Link is by far my most favourite character ever.

That is basically all I can reveal. I cannot talk about the events since everything would be such a huge spoiler. Kristin and I will probably do a discussion on this when she has read it and it will be wonderfully spoilerific  ;)

The problem I had with this book though, it felt a bit rushed and some of the plotlines hadn’t been finished off completely. I have a lot of questions that were left unanswered.  Other than that this was an excellent book and I enjoyed reading it so much. I am really going to miss this world. Thank God for the movie but let’s hope they won’t screw it up, yeah?

Thank you to Peguin Books South Africa who sent me this book! It really was amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...