Wednesday, January 9, 2013

{A Kristin A Book Review} Tempest by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Title: Tempest
Series: Hurricane 1.5
Author: Jenna-Lynne Duncan
Self-Published
November 23, 2012

Goodreads     Facebook     Twitter     Website

Synopsis:

Hayden Boudreaux couldn't decide which was worse— that he was falling in love with a mortal or that the only way to break his family's centuries-old curse would be to kill her. Of all that he was certain was the more time he spent with her, the more he knew he would do anything to protect Adriana Alexander, including sacrificing his eternity. What he wouldn't expect was that Luke - his brother that hated Ana, who wanted to kill her - would decide he would want her as his own.


I was lucky enough to have read and reviewed Hurricane  for Jenna-Lynne back in September of 2011. I've been not-so-patiently waiting for the sequel. I fell in love with Adriana, the strong and accepting heroine, and her two heros - Hayden and Luke Boudreaux. To say I was ecstatic when asked to review this novella is an understatement.

Tempest takes place during the time of Hurricane, only told from Hayden's point-of-view. I love getting to know characters on a personal level, and Tempest did just that. Hayden knows what he's supposed to do, but then he realizes he absolutely cannot follow through on a task that would free his entire family from a curse which had plagued them for centuries. He's found his one.  His only one and nothing's coming between them, unless Luke...well, you need to read the books to answer that question.

I've always been fascinated by New Orleans, Voodoo, and Mardi Gras. Okay, the Voodoo fascination is in relation to fictional reading only, to tell the truth, it freaks me out just a tad bit; but I'd love to visit New Orleans during Mardi Gras. The first novel, Hurricane, transported me there. I lived the culture and became quickly fascinated with everything surrounding Hurricane Katrina. The erratic weather, the fear of being trapped, the heartache of losing everything. Tempest doesn't go as in depth but I loved it just the same.

What did I love most about this little novella? The interactions between Hayden and Luke. You don't only get to know Hayden better, but Luke also. You find out what drives his actions from start to finish. Much of the major storyline is bypassed, so I suggest you read Hurricane first, then move right on to Tempest!

See my review for Hurricane HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...