Thursday, January 24, 2013

{Thursday Discussions} Vampire Academy Movie

Title: Vampire Academy
Series: Vampire Academy #1
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Penguin Books UK

Synopsis


St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's the very place where they're most in danger. . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires make Lissa one of them forever.



Thursday discussions, isn't just me and Kristin discussing books we both have read, but basically anything we want to talk about and I want to talk about the Vampire Academy movie that is Finally moving forward after a hell of a long time waiting! Optioned by Preger Entertainment

Basically when i first heard about this movie moving forward I wanted to scream my head off. Finally we will have a vampire series where the chick isn't always a damsel-in-distress. Rose can kick serious ass. I really hope that this movie makes it to the production phase and is a success, because well, who doesn't want to see Adrian on the big screen?? So I'm hoping for more movies since I am not a Dimitri fan haha. But anyway.

The name of the producer is Don Murphy and the screen writer is Dan Waters! All this information and more about the movie is listed in this article at HollywoodCrush

For people who want to go and compare this to Twilight, don't. It is NOTHING like it. The only similarities are the fact that it is about vampires. It is about the Russian myth behind vampires, which consist of the Dhampirs, half vampire warriors that have to protect the Moroi, they are the full vampires. Then their is the Strigoi. Those are the vampires who have killed other Moroi by drinking their blood or a Dhampir. They are basically the evil ones the Dhampirs have to protect the Moroi from. So as you see, it is nothing alike. It is a serious kick ass story with a bad ass female lead.

If you haven't read this series, I urge you to do so.

Now for the important part. Casting. Dear Lord I do hope they get the right actors for this one.

Rose Hathaway: either Phoebe Tonkin


Or Victoria Justice


Lissa Dragomir: Emily Browning



Dimitri Belikov: Im not sure about this one and since Ben Barnes probably wont get cast im going with Douglas Booth


Who do you guys have in mind? Let me know!!!


3 comments:

  1. I like your Dimka! I'm not good with either of your Rose's though ;)
    My question is, who would you cast as Adrian!!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like either Chase Crawford for him, with longish messy hair or Ed Westwick. Adrian needs to have a certain charm

      Delete
  2. Phoebe Tonkin is the perfect choice for Rose. As for the others... I see Stephen Amell as Dimitri, Ashley Benson as Lissa & Dean Geyer as Adrian. This is one of my favorite book series, I hope they don't ruin the the story when they turn it into a movie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...