Friday, January 4, 2013

{A Kelly M Review}: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Lost Prince
Series: Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: YA Paranormal
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Synopsis:


Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.




No one can argue my freakout when I heard about Julie Kagawa writing a spin off series in the Iron Fey world. I am absolutely and irrevocably in love with this world and with Ash of course. I can write pages about the awesomeness of Ash but I will leave that for my series review of Iron Fey since after reading The Lost Prince, I honestly couldn’t stop myself from re-reading the series.

This book however is about Meghan’s little brother Ethan, now 17 years old and how he gets dragged back into the world of Faerie, to help his half breed friend Todd even though he has been trying his best to forget and ignore it. Ethan has to move to a different school because he was expelled from the first one because faeries made it seem like he started a fire. In this new school is where he meets Kenzie. I love this girl so much. She doesn’t let anything get her down and even though she makes rash decisions she wants to live life to the fullest and experience everything. We later learn that this is all because of a huge secret she has been keeping.  The faeries enlist the help of Ethan because a strange form of fae are sucking all the glamour and killing the exiles and half breeds.

Though he doesn’t want to, Ethan has no choice but to go to his sister, in the Iron Realm, for help. FIRST GLIMPSE OF ASH PEOPLE!!!!!!! Needless to say I squealed and jumped up and down!!! This is also where we meet Kieran for the first time. Ethan, Kenzie and Kieran set off to find out what is happening with The Forgotten and to find  Todd. Soon after that we find out Kieran’s own little secret.

Ok I really loved this book so so much and I cannot wait for the next one but Ethan irritated me so much during half of the book. I mean really dude, just suck it up and get over yourself. I get he had a traumatic experience with the fae but he doesn’t have to be a hostile assface to the world. Luckily he got better and now I really do love him a lot. Kieran and Ethan do remind me a lot of Ash and Puck. Not because they are the same, character-wise, but because of the strange friendship that formed, that shouldn’t have formed in the first place. I also liked that Ethan wasn’t defenseless; he could keep his own with the fae because of his training.

I cannot wait to see where this series is going and I wonder if the prophecy that Meghan received about her first born in Iron King. Forgot about that didn’t you? Heehee. This is a definite must read!! Also do not read this book without reading the other four first!!!



6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to continue. I was happy with this spin-off, but I think it's going to be so much better! :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, though for me that remains to be seen. As you could see, I'm an Ash freak haha

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the book so much. I have heard great things about this series. I actually didn't like the first book that much (don't shoot me) but I might have to give these books another try.

    I LOVED the first book of her other series. The Immortals? I think that's what its called. The vampire one. VERY cool book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, really?!?! you really should. They are amazing! I on the Other hand wasn't that blown away by The Immortal Rules

      Delete
  3. Great review. I loved this book also and cannot wait for book 2. The Iron Fey series is fantastic as well.

    Katie ~ Turner’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! It's one of my fav serieses ever

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...