Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hello from the World of NaNoWriMo


Helloooo, everyone out there in the bloggosphere. I wanted to write a quick post and let you know you were not forgotten. I have several posts scheduled throughout the month and have way to many reviews to write...so don't think I am hiding under the covers or have floated into outerspace. I am just conquering new horizons...one day at a time, approximately 1,667 words a day.

What am I doing that has me beating my head against the pillows, you ask? (Contrary to popular belief, I am not a masochist...yet. Ask me when this month is over and I might have a different story.) I am attempting my first NaNoWriMo. What the heck is NaNoWriMo? Well let me tell you, other than standing for National Novel Writing Month, it is 30 days of marathon writing.

Beginning the first day of November and lasting throughout the month, tons of severely deranged and sadistic writers sit in front of their computers or wield pens and paper, furiously attempting to write 50,000 words in order to cross a finish line. Why? Well, you see, that is the crazy part. Partially to say they fought a good fight and won the battle; but more importantly, to have a finished first draft of a novel sitting on their desks. Wow, I know. Right? What an accomplishment.

Right now I am only beginning to realize the effort this takes anyone to do...much less all those authors I admire so much who churn out series after series of fabulous books. Many of which have several series going at the same time. What the hell?

As the month progresses, maybe I will share a line or two from my work-in-progress, but for now...I am only going to let you know that I am meeting my goals and having massive amounts of fun doing it. There are write-ins and workshops where you meet others in your area who have chosen to climb Mount Everest right along with you. Who knew in my little town that 264 people set out to complete the awesomeness that is NaNoWriMo?

I would love to hear from anyone participating. I am always looking for writing buddies and can be found under kristin73. I wish everyone luck and encourage anybody that feels they have something to write to jump on in. It's not to late...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting me! I am glad to know another first timer! It is a lot of work but I am so excited that I am doing it. I hope that it keeps going well for you!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...